I once had Chilean sea bass at an upscale restaurant in New York city and thought I’d try to recreate that recipe when I went to the supermarket and saw some real Chilean sea bass for sale. Anyway, to recreate what I had, I used the following ingredients:
1 pound fresh sea bass
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- COMBINE oil, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well. Place the fish fillets in a shallow dish. Pour oil mixture evenly over top. Let stand 30 to 60 minutes.
- COMBINE, combine macadamia nuts, bread crumbs, butter, black pepper, and basil. Blend well with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat. Sear the sea bass on both sides, and remove from heat.
- Place the fish fillets in prepared pan. Top each fillet with an even layer of bread crumb mixture.
- BAKE 10 to 15 minutes until done.
The fish turned out really well and its important to leave the macadamia nuts at a certain size (not less than 3 m) so that the fish will have good texture. Next time, I’ll take a picture.